- CALIFORNIA: Paving the way in drug affordability and accessibility
- Trump admin releases plan for states to import (some) drugs from Canada
- Congress repeals the ACA’s Cadillac, HIT, and Medical Device Taxes and Enacts the SECURE Act
- Fifth Circuit Rules Individual Mandate Unconstitutional, Punts on Whether Entire ACA Must Fall
- Most important drugs approved in the last decade
- Top 4 Healthcare Trends to Watch
- Safety Tip: Vaping and Marijuana
- PBM Executives Questioned on Drug Pricing Practices by Senate Finance Committee
- Opioid Follow-Up: Major Crackdown on Prescription Opioid Crime
- Industry Breakthroughs for Gene Therapy
- Anthem: IngenioRx Client Transition Update
- First Treatment for Post-Partum Depression
- Seasonal Allergies: Nip Them in the Bud
- How Trump’s Latest Plan to Cut Drug Prices Will Affect You
- Washington measles outbreak climbs while other states grapple with the disease
- FDA Approves Record Number of Drugs in 2018
- The 5 drugs to watch in 2019
- Kaiser Clinicians Share Opioid Reduction Tips
Pharmacy Benefits Management: Pros and Cons of Various Approaches
Recently, new PBM models have emerged that challenge the traditional approaches and suggest there may be a better way.
The Patient-Centered Outgrowth of Specialty Pharmacy
Specialty drugs have seen a tremendous boost within the pharmaceutical marketplace over the past several years. The way the industry sees it, based on the latest metrics, studies and forecasts, healthcare has seen but a glimpse of what the specialty market has in store.Find out why patient management strategies are critical to 21st century providers.
This Web site gives easy-to-read, accurate descriptions of conditions, causes, symptoms, and treatments by linking to trusted Web sites for specific information. For instance, someone looking up bone cancer would be linked to the bone cancer page on the National Cancer Institute Web site.
Patients can read about their prescriptions or research the various drugs available for their condition. This site provides an easy-to-use drug interactions checker, and an innovative pill identification wizard that allows patients to enter the shape, color, and imprint of their mystery pill and view photographs of potential matches to identify the medication.
Not only gives extensive information about diabetes, its treatments, and ongoing research, but it also offers patients advice on nutrition and meal planning, fitness regimes, and lifestyle changes, and connects them with support groups in their communities.
As well as offering patients information on wellness, diseases, drugs, and other health topics, this site has an extensive searchable medical encyclopedia with cool pictures and diagrams and a medical dictionary that gives spelling and pronunciation tips. It also offers health information in more than 40 languages.
Offers extensive disease/condition information, and goes a step further with its comprehensive and helpful “Treatment Decisions” section, Q&A section called “Ask a Specialist,” and a plethora of interactive quizzes, self-assessments, and calculators under “Health Tools.”
Provides well-organized information on diseases, treatments, procedures, drugs, and current research. What sets this site apart is its use of multimedia formats: check out the very cool interactive tools, video health talks, online health chats, podcasts, and webcasts.